Head-Driven Phrase Structure Grammar (HPSG)
paper delivered at a Slavic languages workshop, includes an
introduction to HPSG (38 page PDF file).
- Strict Lexicalism
- Concrete, surface-oriented structures
- Locality of head selection
- A distinction among types
- Local encoding of unbounded dependencies
- Lexical cross-classification
cross-classification of grammatical constructions
- Obliqueness-based binding theory
- Semantically-based control theory
The mother ship is Stanford's HPSG
site. They also host the HPSG Mailing list. Linguist list hosts a a
The other mother ship is Ohio State University.
London has a HPSG in dialog(ue) project.
Very incomplete and probably wrong.